Theme: Mixed farming for complementing returns in agribusiness
Limuru Farm exposure Visit.
Date: 19th March 2016
The farm comprises of the following enterprises that are of interest to upcoming and experienced farmers:
- Dairy unit: This is a unit comprised of carefully bred cattle living in affordable structures. A detailed Q/A session has been organized so that all participants will have detailed knowledge on the same.
- Organic Horticultural farming section: Among the vegetables planted are: cabbages, onions, spinach, broccoli among others. Only organic fertilizer from the farm is used in that section.
- Inorganic horticultural section: Affordable locally assembled greenhouses are in place and green capsicums are grown in medium scale. Drip irrigation has also been installed in the greenhouses to aid in water application.
- Water processing plant section: This is a plant they use to process their bottled water and sell to local supermarkets.
- Pre-storage section: This section comprises of an affordable locally assembled cold room used for prestorage of horticultural produce so as to lengthen the sales period.We shall be providing lunch and transport for the day and transport to and from Jeevan jee gardens Nairobi on the day at 8:00 AM. We encourage people to travel in our vans since most of the networks are made there.
Charges for the package is Ksh. 3,900/= payable to m-pesa number 0729586748.
Upon payment, please fill in your details in the form below so that we are able to process your receipt in the shortest time possible.