Date: 20th February 2016
Monthly Theme: Sustainable small scale drip irrigation by use of solar powered pumps for maximum horticultural farm produce
Last visit we centered on returns on agribusiness and starting up,(see here https://web.facebook.com/events/725745257558157/) this month we shall focus on affordable drip irrigation solutions and affordable energy solutions at the farm.
Among the lessons on board that day are:
1. Practical use of solar technology for pumping solution.
2. Affordable drip irrigation systems for small scale farmers, designs, requirements at farm, approximate costs involved and best maintanance practices.
3. Identifying the right pump for your farm
4. Recommended farm practices for water melons, onions and cow peas.
Demos on site will include the following:
1. 14 acre drip is irrigation system serving a school and private entities.
2. Operational quality solar pump serving more than 14 acres of drip installation and a school.
Charges: 5000KShs payable via Mpesa to 0729 586 748 only
Upon payment, fill your details here for an official receipt
1.Transport to Makindu from Nairobi and back.
2. Stationary and water for the day
1. Kindly carry packed lunch because the farm is in a remote area and in the beautiful rocks and landscapes of Makindu.
2. Wear closed shoes as we will be in the farm the better part of the day