This course illustrates the linkages between agriculture, food systems and nutrition. Starting from two realistic scenarios, the course describes benefits and opportunities for integrating nutrition into food system policies, investments and programmes. It also provides a series of examples of nutrition-sensitive policies and interventions, as well as an overview of the main initiatives and commitment on nutrition on which learners can build to integrate nutrition in their work.
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 45 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 Why does nutrition matter?
- Lesson 2 How does the food system influence nutrition?
- Lesson 3 Making agriculture and food systems nutrition-sensitive: key principles
- Lesson 4 Making agriculture and food systems nutrition-sensitive: key interventions
- Lesson 5 A conducive international environment for nutrition
Enjoy the course and keep sharing to support our initiative