Sometimes it may be advantageous to purchase ready seedlings from certified seedlings nurseries like Grace rock farms
Here are some reasons:
- Less expensive (no need to buy excess seeds)
- Offers strong seedlings
- Saves time
- Low post transplanting losses
- Ensures optimum plant population
- Increases profitability
- Reduces transplanting shock hence reduced maturity period
- Improves crop uniformity
Grace Rock Farms delivers vegetable seedlings ready for planting to smallholder farmers in Kiambu, Nairobi, Kitengela, Athiriver, Kamulu, However orders for Grace Rock Farms services have come from every part of Kenya.
- How do I place my order?
- How long does it take to process an order?
It normally takes 4 weeks for tomato, cabbage, broccoli, kales, and spinach seedlings to be ready for transplanting. For onions, leeks the duration is normally about 5 weeks. For seedlings like peppers (both sweet coloured and green) the transplanting time is about 7 weeks. Order confirmation is usually through payment of a deposit.
- How do I collect /arrange delivery / collection?
You can come to the Farm to collect your order or we arrange delivery to Nairobi. Upcountry order deliveries are normally made through a courier service for customers who cannot come to Farm or Nairobi.
- Is the cost of delivery included in the price?
Deliver charges are not included in the price and are normally borne by the customer.
- Do we supply to trade customers?
Yes we can supply to any agrovet who will partner with us. We also sell direct to small holder farmers and large scale vegetable exporters.
- What are the ideal conditions for storing young vegetable plants?
To prevent young vegetable plant deterioration: unpack immediately upon receipt. Ensure that they do not dry out, but also do not over water. Tender plants should be kept in warm dry area at all times. Transplant within 24 hours of receipt of plants.
Fill in your details here for any inquiries you may have: